Which house are you going to want to visit if you’re the buyer?
Yes! You really do need to stage your house for sale. Staging your home for sale is a very new concept for many home owners but it is critically important for a successful sale and should not be overlooked. Studies show staged homes sell significantly better when compared to un-staged homes. When you stop to consider the reasons you will see it really does make sense.
- Staged homes photograph better than un-staged homes. More than 93% of buyers look at online photos before deciding which properties to view in person. Photos of empty rooms are simply not very enticing. For this reason alone staged homes are shown significantly more often than vacant properties.
- Staged homes show better than un-staged properties. With nothing in a house it is easy for buyers to become very critical of every nook and cranny in a home – they are looking for problems because there is nothing else to draw their attention. Thoughtful staging will draw a buyer to the positive aspects of a home – reducing the attempt to pick it apart.
- Staging a home provides a strong frame of reference within a space that clearly expresses the size of an area. More than 90% of people cannot accurately visualize what will fit in an empty room. Of this 90% most view a space as much smaller than what it actually is. This makes a vacant house more difficult to sell because buyers often assume their things simply won’t fit.
- Staged homes provide the vision of a lifestyle buyers are looking for in their new home. When a house is vacant the potential in a property is not easily recognized by buyers. Vacant homes leave buyers feeling cold and unattached to a property. Staged homes leave buyers feeling invited into a space.
- Staging makes a house feel and look like a home. This transition from the cold of an empty house to the warmth of “home” is what motivates buyers to make their best offer on a property.
Staging helps buyers envision what it will look like and how it will feel to live in your house. Once they see themselves in the space they start to feel at home. These feelings are what motivate a buyer to make a house their home – this is when you get the best offer possible.
The secret to selling your house at its full potential is simple. It is the combination of proper prepping of the home, quality staging, great photography, the right listing price, and expert marketing of the property. With all of these factors in place you are sure to get the best possible offer on your home.